Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing <body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" bgcolor="#ffffff" border=0 >

March 5, 2004

Love

,Because of you, in gardens of blossoming flowers I ache from the perfumes of spring
?I have forgotten your face, I no longer remember your hands; how did your lips feel on mine
.Because of you, I love the white statues drowsing in the parks, the white statues that have neither voice nor sight
,I have forgotten your voice, your happy voice; I have forgotten your eyes
Like a flower to its perfume, I am bound to my vague memory of you. I live with pain that is like a wound; if you ,touch me, you will do me irreparable harm
.Your caresses enfold me, like climbing vines on melancholy walls
.I have forgotten your love, yet I seem to glimpse you in every window
Because of you, the heady perfumes of summer pain me; because of you, I again seek out the signs that precipitate, desires: shooting stars, falling objects

Pablo Neruda




Comments: Post a Comment


www.flickr.com

| | contact | Font
- - - - - - -

----------